This list provides Scholarships offered to the Butler R-V Students. Click on the links to download the applicaton. Please contact the High School Counseling Office with any questions.
DEADLINE: JULY 20, 2019
Rosen & Ohr is offering a $1,000 scholarship opportunity to the top applicant. Applicant must write an essay explaining in detail how a serious accident invovling you, a family member, or a close friend has impacted your life. This could have been a car crash, a slip-and-fall accident, a work-related injury, or any other serious accident.
DEADLINE: JUNE 28, 2019
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Student must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Student must be a senior in high school or current undergrad with at least 2 semesters left.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.]
- Must demonstrate invovlement in community activities.
Student must complete the application and submit a 600-word essay describing the college major you are interested in and why. Also, how you intend to utilize your degree to contribute to the community.
QUARTERLY DEADLINES: JANUARY 1; MARCH 31; JUNE 30; SEPTEMBER 30
This scholarship is for a high school female students who is committed to maintaining personal wellness.
Applicants are asked to share their personal wellness journeys and experiences by completing the short online application. The applicants must submit a 500 word maximum essay on the essay prompt.
Deadline: June 19
All student athletes are eligible regardless of the sport they are engaged in. Must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute. You must include your name and the name of the school that you are attending. To apply you will need to email a short essay (500-1,000 words) answering the following questions:
1) How did your participation in sports during your high school years influence you?
2) Has your participation influenced your career goals?
3) Has your participation influenced how you relate to your family?
Submit essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a $500 award.
For more information you can go to http://www.bigsunathletics.com/
DEADLINE: JULY 31 ANNUALLY
This $1,000 scholarship is offered to future and current college students majoring in Business, accounting, Finance, Mathematics, management, and others preparing for a career in the personal finance industry.
Applicants will be judged based on outstanding academic achievement and submission of an essay.
To qualify you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Majoring in business, accounting, finance, mathematics, management, and others related to the person finance industry.
- Must be a US resident.
- Must send in an official transcript.
- Must be a current or future college student (e.g., high school senior)
- Scholarship must go to tuition purposes (will be paid directly to the university/college).
- Complete an essay for submission.
DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2019
The Firm of Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C. is proud to offer once again their College Scholarship for high school seniors and undergraduate students enrolled in 2 to 4-year colleges.
Each applicant will submit an essay of approsimately 500 words or 2 minute video essay on the topic: At what age did you receive your first smartphone? How do you think it impacts your day-to-day activities and how do you think it impacts you while you're behing the wheel?.
Essay must be in word format (.doc or .docx). One $1,000 will be awarded to the author of the winning essay. Essays will be judged based on clarity of content, originality and grammar.
Essays must be emailed to email@example.com.
Include your full name, address, phone number and name of your school.
DEADLINE: JUNE 28, 2019
This scholarshp program is for Missouri students with a disability who are attending or will be attending a junior college, college, university or accredited vocational school located in the state of Missouri.
Proof of enrollment is required with the completed application. Qualified students are stongly encouraged to submit one or two letters of recommendation with their application.
Nomination form must be completed by an Independent Living Center sponsor. On My Own in Nevada, MO is our contact for this scholarship.
Two recipients will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
DEADLINE: VARIOUS DEADLINES
You can apply for National and State scholarships at this website.
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the US;
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the US;
- Demonstrat critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required);
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities;
- Maintain a minimum grade point GPA of 2.0;
- Be a US citizen
HOW TO START A BLOG SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: Applications are accepted year-round. Scholarship is awarded March 31
Any high school senior attending school in America is eligible to apply.
Students should follow the link on HowToStartABlog.com to create a blog about a passion of theirs and on that blog, post a video explaining how they think blogging will impact the future of the digital age and working in America.
DEADLINE: JULY 20, 2019
This essay contest is open to high school students and undergraduate and graduate students who have been accepted or currently enrolled in a college or university located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. U.S. territories are excluded.
Essay details can be found on the website along with the application.
DEADLINE: First consideration is given to applications received on or before April 1.
Students planning to go to the Metropolitan Community Colleges (Longview, Penn Valley, Maple Woods, Blue River, Business and Tech Center) can go to MCCKC website and apply for scholarships.
McDonald's College Tuition Reimbursement
McDonald's offers college tuition reimbursement for eligible employees that work at least 15 hours per week. If you wish to join the McDonald's crew you can apply online at mcdonalds.com.
For more information about their tuition reimbursement, visit www.archwaystoopportunity.com. The tuition reimbursement is for up to $2,500.
DUE: JULY 1, 2019
This essay contest is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are 18 years old or older and have a letter of acceptance or are currently enrolled in a college/university located withing the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
Must write an essay(500-1,500 words) or video sumission (5 minutes max) answering a list of specific questions.
- How has cancer affected your life?
- How did you overcome this strong adversity?
- How has cancer affected outlook on your life and person or career goals?
- How did this adversity shape who you are today?
- What would this scholarship mean to you? Why is it important?
More infomation is found at the link
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31
Applicant must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States.
We want to see your favorite road trip destination(s) in your state--from your unique perspective. If it makes sense to hit the open road and be our virtual tour guide, that's great. But there are no limits to what we are looking for: a narrated animation, a slideshow of memorabilia, an illustrated map of the best roadside attractions on the way. This is a chance for you to showcase any place you love in as an original way as possible.
Steps to apply:
1. Create a video (should not exceed 2 minutes).
2. Post online - The video must be hosted on You Tube or Vimeo.
3. Submit by email - Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Include - your name, address and phone number when you submit.
DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2019
This is a $1,000 award to a student pursuing a health-related degree program. Applicant must submit an essay of no more than 500 words describing why they are passionate about health care, with a focus on substance abuse and mental health.
- Must be a U.S. citizen,
- Enroll or accepted in an accredited college/university and plan to continue education,
- Consent to a talent release and be willing to provie phoograph,
Additional rules and selection criteria are on website.
DEADLINE: SPRING APPLICATION NOVEMBER 1-JANUARY 31; FALL APPLICATION MAY1-JULY 31
- Must be a legal US resident.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Graduating high school senior or current freshman, sophomore, or junior in college attending an accredited university or college.
- Cumulative, unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
Students must answer a question in 300-500 words. The question and more details are on the website.
Area students admitted as new freshmen or transfer students to Wichita State University for fall 2018 are eligible to apply for the Kansas City Area Scholarship. Applicants must have their permanent mailing address in
- Leavenworth, Douglas, Wyandotte and Johnson Counties in Kansas
b. Bates, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Lafayette, Platte, and Ray Counties in Missouri
Applicants must complete the online scholarship application.