This list provides Scholarships offered to the Butler R-V Students. Click on the links to download the application. Please contact the High School Counseling Office with any questions.
Deadline: June 1, 2019
- A typed one-page essay about 1) How your chosen trade or field is important in today's society, and 2) Why this is the trade you want to be in.
- High School transcript or GED
- One letter of recommendation from a non-family member
- A completed application
- This is an annual scholarship that is available every year.
DEADLINE: JULY 20, 2019
Rosen & Ohr is offering a $1,000 scholarship opportunity to the top applicant. Applicant must write an essay explaining in detail how a serious accident invovling you, a family member, or a close friend has impacted your life. This could have been a car crash, a slip-and-fall accident, a work-related injury, or any other serious accident.
DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2019
Englander Peebles, Attorneys at Law Scholarship essay and video competition is open to high school juniors or seniors, or students currently enrolled in a two-year or four-year college or university, or a student currently enrolled in graduate school.
Applicants younger than 18 must provide parental consent to enter.
You must submit an essay of 600 words or less or a video of two minutes or shorter. The topic to be addressed is "At what age did you receive your first smartphone? How do you think it impacts your day-to-day activities? How do you think it impacts you while you are behind the wheel?"
DEADLINE: JUNE 28, 2019
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Student must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Student must be a senior in high school or current undergrad with at least 2 semesters left.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.]
- Must demonstrate invovlement in community activities.
Student must complete the application and submit a 600-word essay describing the college major you are interested in and why. Also, how you intend to utilize your degree to contribute to the community.
ABBOTT AND FENNER SCHOLARSHIP
Application deadline: June 14, 2019
The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post-secondary institution.
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on the topic below. The essay should be between 500 and 1000 words. Your submissions must be sent to us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Describe your educational career and life goals. Explain your plan for achieving these goals. Include your degree/major, why you selected it, and how this degree/major will help you achieve your goals.
AMERICAN LEGION WILLIAM BASEY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: JUNE 1
Must be a current member of The American Legion family.
Must be accepted as a full time student in the state of Missouri. A letter from the institution must be attached to the application.
Must be a resident of the state of Missouri.
Award must be used the following semester after it is awarded.
Must attach a copy of current academic records.
Must provide documentation of projects showing support of community, state and nation.
DEADLINE: JUNE 1
Scholarships will be awarded to a high school senior who:
- Intends to pursue an animation related field at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
- Has a demonstrable record of academic success.
- Has a passion and drive for an animation and/or design related career.
Applicants must submit an application. Applicant must submit an original essay on the following topic: "What specific skill do you most want to develop?"
More details can be found at the application site.
B. DAVIS SCHOLARSHIP
Application Deadline: May 24, 2019
Open to high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post secondary institution.
No age restriction.
Include your name and the school you are attending this year and next.
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay of less than 1000 words on the topic, Describe the three characteristics of leadership you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are so important and how you feel that they are developed in an individual.
Submit your essay by email to email@example.com.
QUARTERLY DEADLINES: JANUARY 1; MARCH 31; JUNE 30; SEPTEMBER 30
This scholarship is for a high school female students who is committed to maintaining personal wellness.
Applicants are asked to share their personal wellness journeys and experiences by completing the short online application. The applicants must submit a 500 word maximum essay on the essay prompt.
Deadline: June 19
All student athletes are eligible regardless of the sport they are engaged in. Must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute. You must include your name and the name of the school that you are attending. To apply you will need to email a short essay (500-1,000 words) answering the following questions:
1) How did your participation in sports during your high school years influence you?
2) Has your participation influenced your career goals?
3) Has your participation influenced how you relate to your family?
Submit essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a $500 award.
For more information you can go to http://www.bigsunathletics.com/
DEADLINE: JULY 31 ANNUALLY
This $1,000 scholarship is offered to future and current college students majoring in Business, accounting, Finance, Mathematics, management, and others preparing for a career in the personal finance industry.
Applicants will be judged based on outstanding academic achievement and submission of an essay.
To qualify you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Majoring in business, accounting, finance, mathematics, management, and others related to the person finance industry.
- Must be a US resident.
- Must send in an official transcript.
- Must be a current or future college student (e.g., high school senior)
- Scholarship must go to tuition purposes (will be paid directly to the university/college).
- Complete an essay for submission.
DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2019
The Firm of Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C. is proud to offer once again their College Scholarship for high school seniors and undergraduate students enrolled in 2 to 4-year colleges.
Each applicant will submit an essay of approsimately 500 words or 2 minute video essay on the topic: At what age did you receive your first smartphone? How do you think it impacts your day-to-day activities and how do you think it impacts you while you're behing the wheel?.
Essay must be in word format (.doc or .docx). One $1,000 will be awarded to the author of the winning essay. Essays will be judged based on clarity of content, originality and grammar.
Essays must be emailed to email@example.com.
Include your full name, address, phone number and name of your school.
DEADLINE: JUNE 28, 2019
This scholarshp program is for Missouri students with a disability who are attending or will be attending a junior college, college, university or accredited vocational school located in the state of Missouri.
Proof of enrollment is required with the completed application. Qualified students are stongly encouraged to submit one or two letters of recommendation with their application.
Nomination form must be completed by an Independent Living Center sponsor. On My Own in Nevada, MO is our contact for this scholarship.
Two recipients will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
GLOBAL LIFT EQUIPMENT SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: JUNE 15
This is a $500 scholarship.
You must be currently attending or planning on attending a post-secondary institution in Canada or the US in the fall of 2018.
You must submit a short story. Detailed instructions can be found on the application page.
You must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
You must be a resident of Canada or the US.
DEADLINE: Submit online by MAY 31, 2019
- Applicant must be enrolled in and plan to attend a college/university during the 2019-20 school year.
- Proof of enrollment to an accredited college/university.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- $750 award amount.
- Attach school transcript to verify enrollment.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application.
DEADLINE: VARIOUS DEADLINES
You can apply for National and State scholarships at this website.
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the US;
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the US;
- Demonstrat critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required);
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities;
- Maintain a minimum grade point GPA of 2.0;
- Be a US citizen
HOW TO START A BLOG SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: Applications are accepted year-round. Scholarship is awarded March 31
Any high school senior attending school in America is eligible to apply.
Students should follow the link on HowToStartABlog.com to create a blog about a passion of theirs and on that blog, post a video explaining how they think blogging will impact the future of the digital age and working in America.
DEADLINE: JULY 20, 2019
This essay contest is open to high school students and undergraduate and graduate students who have been accepted or currently enrolled in a college or university located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. U.S. territories are excluded.
Essay details can be found on the website along with the application.
DEADLINE: First consideration is given to applications received on or before April 1.
Students planning to go to the Metropolitan Community Colleges (Longview, Penn Valley, Maple Woods, Blue River, Business and Tech Center) can go to MCCKC website and apply for scholarships.
McDonald's College Tuition Reimbursement
McDonald's offers college tuition reimbursement for eligible employees that work at least 15 hours per week. If you wish to join the McDonald's crew you can apply online at mcdonalds.com.
For more information about their tuition reimbursement, visit www.archwaystoopportunity.com. The tuition reimbursement is for up to $2,500.
DUE: JULY 1, 2019
This essay contest is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are 18 years old or older and have a letter of acceptance or are currently enrolled in a college/university located withing the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
Must write an essay(500-1,500 words) or video sumission (5 minutes max) answering a list of specific questions.
- How has cancer affected your life?
- How did you overcome this strong adversity?
- How has cancer affected outlook on your life and person or career goals?
- How did this adversity shape who you are today?
- What would this scholarship mean to you? Why is it important?
More infomation is found at the link
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31
Applicant must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States.
We want to see your favorite road trip destination(s) in your state--from your unique perspective. If it makes sense to hit the open road and be our virtual tour guide, that's great. But there are no limits to what we are looking for: a narrated animation, a slideshow of memorabilia, an illustrated map of the best roadside attractions on the way. This is a chance for you to showcase any place you love in as an original way as possible.
Steps to apply:
1. Create a video (should not exceed 2 minutes).
2. Post online - The video must be hosted on You Tube or Vimeo.
3. Submit by email - Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Include - your name, address and phone number when you submit.
Deadline: June 1, 2019
Application Materials (required)
- A completed application.
- A typed one-page essay about a business you hope to create one day. Specific topics to cover are on the website.
- High school transcript or GED.
- One letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2019
This is a $1,000 award to a student pursuing a health-related degree program. Applicant must submit an essay of no more than 500 words describing why they are passionate about health care, with a focus on substance abuse and mental health.
- Must be a U.S. citizen,
- Enroll or accepted in an accredited college/university and plan to continue education,
- Consent to a talent release and be willing to provie phoograph,
Additional rules and selection criteria are on website.
DEADLINE: SPRING APPLICATION NOVEMBER 1-JANUARY 31; FALL APPLICATION MAY1-JULY 31
- Must be a legal US resident.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Graduating high school senior or current freshman, sophomore, or junior in college attending an accredited university or college.
- Cumulative, unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
Students must answer a question in 300-500 words. The question and more details are on the website.
Area students admitted as new freshmen or transfer students to Wichita State University for fall 2018 are eligible to apply for the Kansas City Area Scholarship. Applicants must have their permanent mailing address in
- Leavenworth, Douglas, Wyandotte and Johnson Counties in Kansas
b. Bates, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Lafayette, Platte, and Ray Counties in Missouri
Applicants must complete the online scholarship application.