This list provides Scholarships offered to the Butler R-V Students. Click on the links to download the applicaton. Please contact the High School Counseling Office with any questions.
QUARTERLY DEADLINES: JANUARY 1; MARCH 31; JUNE 30; SEPTEMBER 30
This scholarship is for a high school female students who is committed to maintaining personal wellness.
Applicants are asked to share their personal wellness journeys and experiences by completing the short online application. The applicants must submit a 500 word maximum essay on the essay prompt.
DEADLINE: VARIOUS DEADLINES
You can apply for National and State scholarships at this website.
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the US;
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the US;
- Demonstrat critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required);
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities;
- Maintain a minimum grade point GPA of 2.0;
- Be a US citizen
HOW TO START A BLOG SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: Applications are accepted year-round. Scholarship is awarded March 31
Any high school senior attending school in America is eligible to apply.
Students should follow the link on HowToStartABlog.com to create a blog about a passion of theirs and on that blog, post a video explaining how they think blogging will impact the future of the digital age and working in America.
DEADLINE: First consideration is given to applications received on or before April 1.
Students planning to go to the Metropolitan Community Colleges (Longview, Penn Valley, Maple Woods, Blue River, Business and Tech Center) can go to MCCKC website and apply for scholarships.
McDonald's College Tuition Reimbursement
McDonald's offers college tuition reimbursement for eligible employees that work at least 15 hours per week. If you wish to join the McDonald's crew you can apply online at mcdonalds.com.
For more information about their tuition reimbursement, visit www.archwaystoopportunity.com. The tuition reimbursement is for up to $2,500.
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31
Applicant must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States.
We want to see your favorite road trip destination(s) in your state--from your unique perspective. If it makes sense to hit the open road and be our virtual tour guide, that's great. But there are no limits to what we are looking for: a narrated animation, a slideshow of memorabilia, an illustrated map of the best roadside attractions on the way. This is a chance for you to showcase any place you love in as an original way as possible.
Steps to apply:
1. Create a video (should not exceed 2 minutes).
2. Post online - The video must be hosted on You Tube or Vimeo.
3. Submit by email - Email your submission to email@example.com.
4. Include - your name, address and phone number when you submit.
DEADLINE: SPRING APPLICATION NOVEMBER 1-JANUARY 31; FALL APPLICATION MAY1-JULY 31
- Must be a legal US resident.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Graduating high school senior or current freshman, sophomore, or junior in college attending an accredited university or college.
- Cumulative, unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
Students must answer a question in 300-500 words. The question and more details are on the website.
Area students admitted as new freshmen or transfer students to Wichita State University for fall 2018 are eligible to apply for the Kansas City Area Scholarship. Applicants must have their permanent mailing address in
- Leavenworth, Douglas, Wyandotte and Johnson Counties in Kansas
b. Bates, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Lafayette, Platte, and Ray Counties in Missouri
Applicants must complete the online scholarship application.